- One Day Trekking and a Community Seminar
- Study Tour/Field-based activities of Biological Science Department
- The signing ceremony of Master Planning and Designing of UOBS
- Accelerate Prosperity
- Students from University of Baltistan visit Aewan-e-Sadr
- A Ground-breaking Collaboration
- World Soil day 2021
- BAC Awarded Grant
- Undergraduate Studies Admission Test (USAT)
- Bailout package to UOBS
- Baltistan varsity develops hand sanitizer
- Master Plan of University of Baltistan
- 2nd Senate meeting
- Jeeto Baltistan
- Kowardo Cross
Baltistan varsity develops hand sanitizer
Dawn Newspaper , March 21, 2020
A team of the chemistry department of the University of Baltistan has developed a local organic ‘hand sanitiser’ to prevent coronavirus infections in remote areas of the region.
On the request of the Skardu district administration, the varsity has started bulk production of alcohol-based bleach-free hand sanitiser for free distribution to the health workers and general public.
Vice-Chancellor Dr Mohammad Naeem said on Friday the team had produced the hand sanitiser from local ingredients.
“Unfortunately, there is lack of hand sanitisers in the region, even the administration and health workers have no access to such a facility,” he said.
Dr Naeem said alovera gel, glycerin, lemon juice and alcohol were used in developing the hand sanitiser.
He said the university had taken a number of initiatives in enlightening the masses regarding the preventive measures to avoid COVID-19 infections.
He said awareness sessions arranged by the university had benefitted hundreds of citizens in the Baltistan region.
Dr Naeem said a number of hand sanitiser packs had already been distributed among the local officials, paramedics and suspected patients of COVID-19 to minimise the risk of the pandemic.
Published in Dawn, March 21st, 2020