Muhammad Hassan Hasrat
Father’s name : Muhammad Hussain
Date of Birth : 07-09-1955
Qualification : MA Islamic Studies (1st Div) Karachi University
Domicile : Skardu Baltistan
NIC# : 71103-2129699-3
Present Position : Ex Assistant Regional Director
Allama Iqbal Open University
Regional Center Skardu.
Profession : a) Planning and management of educational activities
- b) Literary research
Experience : 41 years of Government service
Achievements : a) Dynamic changes brought in Education Sector
through well planning and fruitful management in AIOU.
- b) More than one dozen books published relating
to the culture history, Balti language and literature.
- c) More than 500 research papers published in various
Regional Campus building of AIOU got constructed acquiring 10 Kanals land.
Contact Numbers : Phone (Res) 05815-452479 (off) 05815-50258
: Mob. 0345-9555023
Research works/Published Books
- Pakistan Encyclopedia of Folk Lore Northern Area Volume (Urdu) 2005. Published by Lok Virsa Islamabad. Worked as researcher and contributor for the Chapter of Baltistan and Sub Editor for the whole volume.
- Anees-e-Baltistan (Urdu) 2003: A Research and critical analysis on the poetry and life of Late Hussain Ali Khan Muhib, The pioneer and classical poet of Baltistan alongwith complete poetry.
- Polo the National Game of Baltistan (Urdu) 2002.
- Simla Sey Baltistan Tak (Urdu) 1997: Pakistan Movement and the contributions of the Balti Community settled in Simla India before partition.
- Baltistan Tehzeeb-O-Saqafat (Urdu) 1995: A research work regarding culture and civilization of Baltistan. This book came on merit of Pakistan Book Foundation, Islamabad and later on it has been translated in Chinese language by a Chinese scholar and published.
- Tarikh-e-Adabiat Baltistan (Urdu) 1992: Research on History of Letters of Baltistan.
- Curriculum Book Developed in Urdu (1999) (Three Chapters regarding Balti language, literature and other small dialects of Northern Area for the M.Phil Programme of Pakistani Languages and literature launched by Allama Iqbal Open University.
- Dabeer-e-Baltistan (Urdu) (2005): A research and critical analysis over the poetry and life of Late Muhammad Ali Khan Zakir, the classical poet of Baltistan alongwith his complete poetry.
- Baltistan aur Fann-e-Tarikh Goi (Urdu) (2006): A research work relating to the poetry having dates of historical events, personalities and built heritage of Baltistan.
- Curriculum developed in Urdu for Ph.D program for Pakistani languages and literature launching by Allama Iqbal Open University regarding Balti language and literature with comparative analysis of Urdu in linguistic and civilization background as well as common literary trends.
- Safarnama-e-Iran (Urdu) 2007.
Stodkhi xsera (Balti) Hamdia Kalam ka majmua, 2014
- Johar Batista (Urdu) 2015: Research and critical analysis and the poetry and life of Juhar Ali Johar the classical Sufi poet of Balti Behertaweel.
- Baltistan ki Tarikhi Kahanian:
- Kesar Epic: Research, Transliteration and translation of the classical and the longest Kesar Epic of the world in Urdu prevailing from Baltistan to Tibet and Mongolia from pre-historic period.
- Gulshan-e-Skardu (Urdu) Research articles on various villages and historical sports of Skardu. More than 50 articles broadcasted from Radio Pakistan Skardu.
- Naqoosh-e-Baltistan “Archeology and Built Heritage of Baltistan (Urdu).
ESTABLISHMENT OF A CULTURAL HERITAGE CENTER:
The culture of Baltistan, through rich and vibrant has been a victim of apathy by largely cablized society of the region. Without the support stricture, the culture and antiques of this area are under threat of complete eradication. This danger has been averted to a large degree through single handed efforts of Mr. Muhammad Hasrat and his group. So a cultural Heritage Center has been established through Tanzeem Al-Nusrat Sundus Skardu patronized by Mr. Muhammad Hassan Hasrat. In photographs and audio/video cassettes have been preserved as there is no another museum in Baltistan Division neither a public nor private sector.
Participation in Conferences /Articles Published:
- Paper delivered in National Literary Conference held in Quieta on 13-14 June 2015 on the topic “Role of writers and literature in creating peaceful society” arranged by Pakistan Academy of Letters Islamabad.
- Presentation delivered on Major Mother Tongues Conference (on Balti) in the National Assembly Standing Committee for Information, Broadcaster and Cultural Heritage in 2014.
- Research paper presented in 1st Kashmir International Linguistic Conference in 2013 hosted by Azad Kashmir University Muzaffarabad.
- Participated in the International Shah Latif Conference Sindh in 2011 and paper printed on the topic “Shah Abdul Latif Bhattai and the Sufi Poets of Baltistan”.
- Participated in the International Himalayan languages symposium held in Berne University Switzerland in 2002 and paper delivered on the topic “Language as a phenomenon of social change in Baltistan”.
- Participated in the International Hindukush Cultural Conference in Chitral in 1994 and paper delivered on historical relations between Baltistan and Chitral.
- Participated in the CAK Karakorum, Himalaya and Hundukush International Cultural Conference held in Islamabad in 1995 and paper delivered on traditional healing system in Baltistan.
- Participated in many national and local based important conferences seminars and symposiums and papers offered.
- More than 500 research articles relating to the history, Culture, language, literature and folklore of Baltistan published in various National/International and Metropolitan Magazines and journals from time to time.
- A number of documentaries have been prepared for Radio Pakistan/TV/local cables regarding history/culture of Baltistan.
- 5 Dramas broadcasted in Balti from Radio Pakistan Skardu.
- Founder and Life Chief Patron of the NGO Falahi Tanzeem Al-Nusrat Sounds Skardu. A cultural heritage center, inter-alia to others, has been established under the auspicious of this NGO in which antiques, manuscripts and photographs having cultural and historical values have been preserved and opened as a mini museum.
- Honorary Chairman, Pakistan Educational Council Baltistan Region.
- Shield/Certificate awarded by the local administration declaring as “MAN OF THE YAR 2005” IN RECOGNITION OF EDUCATIONAL, SOCIAL AND Literary services.
- First position award as Drama Writer got in the Drama Festival of Radio Pakistan Skardu.
- Muhib Award by Bazm-e-Elmo Fun Skardu to offer homage on publication of Anees-e- Baltistan.
- Member Board of Governor, Public School and College Skardu.
- Pride of Performance (history and culture).
- Good will ambassador university of Baltistan, Skardu.