- One Day Trekking and a Community Seminar
- Study Tour/Field-based activities of Biological Science Department
- The signing ceremony of Master Planning and Designing of UOBS
- Accelerate Prosperity
- Students from University of Baltistan visit Aewan-e-Sadr
- A Ground-breaking Collaboration
- World Soil day 2021
- BAC Awarded Grant
- Undergraduate Studies Admission Test (USAT)
- Bailout package to UOBS
- Baltistan varsity develops hand sanitizer
- Master Plan of University of Baltistan
- 2nd Senate meeting
- Jeeto Baltistan
- Kowardo Cross
A Groundbreaking Collaboration
2 to 6 November
10 to 20 December
Responding to an invitation from the University of Baltistan, a team of senior administrators and faculty from LUMS spent a week in Skardu in great anticipation of establishing a landmark partnership.
During the scenic flight, good weather revealed spectacular views of the Himalayas and the K2. Unfortunately, the snow melt in recent years and its impact on the ground poses an existential threat to many of the local communities. In 2019, Gilgit recorded 27 geological disasters spawned by climate change.
Cutting edge research at the LUMS Centre for Water Informatics and Technology is an excellent example of how faculty from business, social sciences, engineering, and science work as a team to address the most pressing issues in the water sector. The same can be said for the LUMS Energy Institute for green initiatives. LUMS is convinced these interventions to address grand challenges require solutions from multiple disciplines. A liaison between LUMS and the University of Baltistan would provide the much-needed research required for gathering accurate data to determine how to use water more efficiently, explore glacial grafting and policy considerations for developing the power sector.