- Media Reports
- European project launched at University of Baltistan jointly with IBA Sukkur
- Automated Weather Stations near K2 Base Camp
- PRIME MINISTER’S LAPTOPS SCHEME - PROVISIONAL MERIT LIST
- One Day Trekking and a Community Seminar
- Study Tour/Field-based activities of Biological Science Department
- The signing ceremony of Master Planning and Designing of UOBS
- Accelerate Prosperity
- Students from University of Baltistan visit Aewan-e-Sadr
- A Ground-breaking Collaboration
- World Soil day 2021
- BAC Awarded Grant
- Undergraduate Studies Admission Test (USAT)
- Bailout package to UOBS
- Baltistan varsity develops hand sanitizer
- Master Plan of University of Baltistan
- 2nd Senate meeting
- Jeeto Baltistan
- Kowardo Cross
- Community Based Projects
HEC approves Master Plan
October 11, 2019
SKARDU: Conceptual Master Plan for Establishment of the University of Baltistan, Skardu is finally approved today by the High-Power Technical review committee of HEC, after long deliberation, discussions, and presentation given to the committee, point by point for each component of works.
According to a press release, the meeting was Chaired by Prof Dr.Ata Ullah Sha, Vice-Chancellor KIU (Convener), Mr. Naveed shah ( Director M&E, HEC), Engr. Aftab Ikram ,member (PD IIU,ISB), Engr.Hafiz Ehsan ul Haq, member (Ex Member Design CDA), M.Afzal Ebrahim, member (Principal Architect), Mr.Tariq Iqbal, member ( Director P&D, HEC) and Mr.Zafar Babar (M & E, HEC).
Mr.Ali Imran, Design Coordinator EA Consulting (PVT) Ltd highlighted the salient features of the Master Plan before the committee. The Committee agreed in principle the zoning plan and phasing of the project and instructed the Consultant to take care of passive heating design and provision of Solar energy and heating system within the detailed design. A month target was given to them to present the schematic design of buildings.
The committee appreciated the Consultant’s work, the theme and the final product, and desired to inculcate the Local Architecture in the Building’s elevation and their orientation as to have maximum advantage of the Sun path.
Tenders for Construction of Boundary wall already conducted on 8-10-2019 & their evaluation is under process by Consultants. Work shall be started shortly, after awarding of work to the qualified bidder.
Work on Admin/Academic buildings shall be started after approval of the design by HEC in coming winters and tendering & award of work by March/April 2020.