Academic Program Offered:
University of Baltistan, Skardu would become a research and study hub nationally and internationally due to its natural beauty and geographical importance. This region has numerous potentials and resources to be explored. Keeping in view these importance, we are offering BS Mathematics (4-year) program to produce efficient professionals in the field of mathematics, expanding the capacities of the graduates produced by this university to national and international levels.
The aims of BS Mathematics program to:
- Provide an educational platform to the students because hundreds of boys and girls after completing their intermediate studies from degree colleges in Baltistan stay home or start minor jobs due to lack of resources and availability of mathematics department at the university.
- Produce efficient professional skills in the field of mathematics expanding the services of the graduates produced by this university to national and international environment.
- Offer specialized training and research in the field of mathematics and intermingled fields.
- Produce graduates who can compete for perspective at national and international level Scholarships and jobs.
The program allows full time study and most of the courses will be offer in a class room. Some courses will be offer in the computer lab.
The candidate seeking admission in BS (Mathematics) Program, must meet the following eligibility criterion.
- Intermediate with Mathematics, securing at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- Any other examination of a Foreign University / Institution / Examining Body, equivalent to Intermediate with Mathematics. Equivalence and percentage of marks will be determined by IBCC.
- Diploma of Associate Engineering Examination, securing at least 60% marks in aggregate.