UNIVERSITY OF BALTISTAN, SKARDU
Vice Chancellor, University of Baltistan, Skardu
Applications are invited for the position of Vice Chancellor, University of Baltistan, Skardu from accomplished and strongly motivated academic leaders and administrators who can develop further and improve the management of the important resource of intellectual growth and higher learning, manage construction of new blocks and expansion of the University.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- PhD degree,
- at least 15 research publications as per prescribed HEC criteria,
- experience of at least 15 years teaching/research in HEC recognized university, postgraduate institution, or professional experience in the relevant field in a national or international organization,
- execution of at least one research project worth one Million as Principal Investigator, and
- not more than 65 years of age on the closing date for submission of application,
will be assessed according to their academic achievements, leadership abilities as well as significant evidence of scholarship, administration, meaningful research, planning, financial management and resource development. A holistic understanding of issues pertaining to higher education sector would be preferred. Constructive social interaction with communities will be considered as a major asset.
TERMS OF APPLICATION
The Vice Chancellor shall be appointed by the Chancellor for the period of 04 years, as provided under law and will be entitled to draw “Vice-Chancellor Salary Package” as approved by the Chancellor.
- Candidates with relevant experience may apply using the Application Form available on the university website (uobs.edu.pk); attach Curriculum Vitae including contact details of three referees.
- Certified copies of educational certificates / degrees / diplomas should be attached in the application dossier.
- Attach the details of certified teaching and administrative experience in the form of Experience Certificate duly issued by the concerned Registrar or Director HR. Notifications of postings shall not be accepted.
- Attach the list of HEC recognized research publications certified copies of the first page and index of recognized journals.
- Attach three recent passport size photographs.
- A letter of intent explaining, in less than 250 words, their vision of development and sustenance of the University’s programs, along with reflecting the experience and potential for the project management of a new/developing University
- Members of civil society, professionals, scholars, etc. Are also encouraged to nominate accomplished academicians or researchers suitable for the appointment as Vice Chancellor, subject to submission for the formal application.
- Those already in Government/Semi Government service are required to apply through proper channel.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview. No TA/DA shall be admissible.
- Incomplete applications or the applications received after due date shall not be entertained.
- The evaluation of the Scrutiny Committee shall be considered final and only shortlisted applicants shall be called for interview.
- The search Committee reserves the right to cancel/not to fill/withdraw the appointment against the advertised position without assigning any reason.
- The last date for submission of application, complete in all respects is November 08, 2021.
APPLICATION SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO
Convener Search Committee
University of Baltistan, Skardu
Main Campus Hussainabad, Skardu, 16100, Gilgit-Baltistan, Pakistan