University of Baltistan, Skardu has announced, MPhil and PhD foreign Scholarships in following Subjects.
MS Scholarships: Cultural Studies, English Literature, Media Studies, Tourism & Hospitality, GIS & Remote Sensing, Water Resource Engineering, Computer Science and Geology
PhD Scholarships: English Literature, Tourism & Hospitality, GIS & Remote Sensing, Computer Science and Statistics
- Pakistani nationals
- Must have Bachelors/Masters (16 years) for MS scholarship and MS/ M.Phil in relevant field for Ph.D scholarship.
- Must have first division (in annual examination system) or CGPA 3.0 out of 4.0 or 75% marks in the final degree for PhD Scholarships.
- Must have 60% marks or CGPA 2.50 out of 4.0 in the final degree for MS Scholarships.
- Maximum two second divisions and no third division throughout academic career.
- Maximum age on closing date for MS scholarship:
- 35 years for full time faculty members of University;
- 30 years for all others.
- Maximum age on closing date for PhD scholarship:
- 40 years for full time faculty members of University;
- 35 years for all others.
- Must have obtained requisite qualification on or before closing date i.e 5th March 2019.
- Those who are availing any other scholarship are not eligible to apply.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The scholarships will be awarded in specific subject areas for each participating university. The institution wise list of subjects and detail of MS & PhD scholarships is available on HEC website http://hec.gov.pk/site/fdpos.
- A candidate may choose maximum of three participating Universities provided the scholarship is being offered by multiple universities in that subject area.
- Applicants are required to fill the information through online application process. Requests for amendment will not be entertained after submission of online application.
- Only females can apply for Sardar Bahadur Khan Women University, Quetta.
- HEC may conduct scholarship test and/or interview for shortlisting. The candidates will be informed about test/interview via email.
- Applications will be processed on the basis of online data / information provided by the applicants. In case any information is found to be untrue/ misrepresented at any stage; the application will be rejected.
- Scholarships for National Institute of Science & Technical Education (Skill University), Islamabad will be awarded only to those candidates who will obtain registration as "Graduate/Professional Engineering Technologist" with National Technology Council (NTC), Pakistan.
- Candidates who are not faculty member already, will go through the selection process independently carried out by the respective University.
- Successful scholars will be appointed without pay & allowances till completion of their studies. The emoluments will start once they join the sponsoring university after successful completion of the studies abroad.
- In-service applicants and faculty members at universities; other than those mentioned in this advertisement, will also go through same selection procedure as explained above; in case they are considered for award of scholarship.
- Award of scholarship will only be confirmed after faculty appointment and grant of study leave as per rules of the University.
- Candidates will have to secure admission in the international universities/ countries with whom HEC has agreement. For further detail about countries/international universities please visit http://hec.gov.pk/english/scholarshipsgrants/Guidelines/Pages/ default.aspx.
- Awardees will have to execute a bond with HEC and respective university to serve the same university for 5 and 3 years after completion of PhD and MS studies respectively. No request for change of University for the purpose of service bond will be entertained in any case.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applicants are required to submit online Application via http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/ofdp
- Original online deposit slip OR ATM transfer slip of Rs 500/- (non–refundable) as application processing fee in favour of DG Finance, HEC must be uploaded on HEC e-portal. Fee can be deposited in Account Number 1742-79001334-01, Habib Bank Ltd through any bank.
- "Please note that ONLY Submitted Applications will be processed further. Saved applications do not complete online application process hence will not be considered”.