UNIVERSITY OF BALTISTAN, SKARDU
BS Admissions 2020
Follow the link for online admission http://126.96.36.199/admissions
The University of Baltistan, Skardu, GB (a Federally Chartered University) announces online admissions (2020-2024) in various Four-years BS Undergraduate Degree Programs in the following disciplines:
- Biological Sciences
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
Why to Choose the UoBS?
University of Baltistan, Skardu believes in harnessing the talent through the provision of stimulating and conducive learning environment at higher education level in the remote and mountainous region of Pakistan.
The following are some of the key strengths of the university.
- Dynamic & dedicated leadership
- Qualified faculty and staff members selected on the basis of merit from across the country
- The first public sector university in the country having e-LMS and IT-based academic and administrative operations
- Provides a research-oriented and academically rigor environment
- Welcomes students from across the country
- Has academic and research collaborations with reputed universities and research centers within the country and across the globe
- Offers study tours, internship, volunteering & other learning opportunities for the students
- Arranges annual Sports and Talent Hunt programs
- Ensures quick, smart and contextually relevant responses during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Provides platforms for continuous professional learning opportunities through seminars, colloquia, field trips, and professional development sessions and projects
- Provides mentoring and counselling facilities
- Offers numerous scholarships (Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program + Bait-ul Maal Scholarships, Buraq Scholarship, Shaheed Ashraf Noor Scholarship, and other national, institutional, and university-based merit & need-based scholarships).
- Ensures an inclusive, empowering, encouraging, conducive, and learning-oriented campus life.
Logistics and Approaches During the COVID-19
- The University has three different campuses & resource centers in various locations of the Skardu City
- The University has established Satellite Resource Centers Districts Ghanche, Kharmang, Rondu, and Shigar to cater to the academic needs of students in far-flung, remote districts outside Skardu.
- Libraries are equipped with books/journals and online resources (80000 e-books + access to the HEC Digital Library)
- Well-equipped laboratories and Computer labs and dedicated internet
- Pick-and-drop facilities through the university transport system
- Canteen facilities (separate for men and women)
- The first university implementing the HEC-suggested online teaching and assessment approaches in the country amid the COVUD-19
- Follows religiously the WHO, National, HEC, and the UoBS SOPS during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Continuously monitors, trains and educates students, faculty and staff members on biosafety precautions related to COVID-19
- Offers Hybrid / Blended / Asynchronous Distance Education through UoBS own developed LMS / SIS, Online Classes, E-learning and assessment mechanism
- 24/7 Academic and IT support and response
- Contextually relevant online assessment and examination through various hybrid mechanism during COVID-19 pandemic
- Hybrid and multimodal teaching approaches and access through the internet, social media groups (WhatsApp, Facebook pages), telephone, and postal services.
- Weekly allocated time to contact HoDs for the remedy of students’ grievances.
How to Apply
Fill in the online form available on the university Admission Portal (188.8.131.52/admissions) Attach copy of SSC and HSC pass mark sheets. Get print of the bank challan of Rs. 1000 for admission form and deposit it in National Bank. Upon receipt of your challan copy from the bank the admission form will be accepted.
If you need facilitation, our resources persons in the campuses and Resource Centers will guide you in filling in the forms. Once you submit the form online, a PDF version of the form/application will appear on the screen. You can save it or take print of the PDF version for your record.
Admission offers are subject to document verification and HSSC pass result or official notifications of Boards in case of HSSC-II pass without exams due to COVID-19 pandemic. Once the merit list is displayed, the candidates can verify their documents from the following offices and get admission challan forms for fee submission.
- UoBS-Main Campus, Hussainabad, Skardu
- UoBS-Anchan Campus, Late Dr Irshad Ali Chowk, Skardu
- UoBS-City Campus, Hassan Colony, Skardu
- UoBS-Resources Center, Khaplu, District Ghanche
- UoBS-Resources Center, District Shigar
- UoBS-Resources Center, District Kharmang
- UoBS-Resources Center, District Rondu
Candidates will be shortlisted based on prescribed merit. For BS programs SSC and HSSC marks will be considered. In case if HSSC-II is passed without exams, merit will be calculated on the basis of HSSC-I marks.
Admission are offered on merit basis blind to the race, ethnic, and/or political and religious affiliations.
Who are Not Eligible
The following candidates may not be eligible for the admissions.
- Those who have third division in the HSSC or SSC
- Those who are already enrolled in any other programs in the university or elsewhere
- Those who fail to produce relevant academic testimonials
- Those who have criminal records
Applications are also invited for admission in various programs available at UoBS against the below-reserved seats. The candidates aspiring to avail of this privilege must satisfy the basic eligibility criteria of the department and program applied for.
- Special Persons (One seat per program each department)
- Children of Shuhada (One seat per program each department)
- Remote villages of Diamir District (One seat per program each department)
- Baluchistan (One seat per program each department)
- Erstwhile FATA (One seat per program each department)
As a public sector university, UoBS charges nominal admission and tuition fees from the students. Fee may be revised each year/semester.
Following is the fee structure for Fall 2020:
Teaching and Learning Approaches
Considering the COVID-19 pandemic, the university employs blended teaching approaches through the use of LMS / IT and other modes of instruction. Keeping in view the HEC SOPs during the pandemic teaching and learning will involve contextually relevant modes including virtual/e-learning mode, small group tutoring, one-to-one mentoring, and other blended approaches. Reading and learning material can be provided to students through the university’s website (Learning Management System), other electronic media, and through the Resource Centres. All the three campuses and the Resource Centres in the regions will be used for small or one-to-one discussion and for virtual contacts through strict following the SOPs.